TERMS & CONDITIONS
Eligibility & Acceptance
- Contestants may be Single, Married, Divorced, Widowed, Single mother.
- Contestants must be at least 18 years old and above.
- Returning Pageant Contestants
- Former winners of Miss Plus Size Kenya are not eligible to compete in the pageant until after a period of five (5) years.
- English is the official language.
Nationality & Residence
- One must be Kenyan to participate
- One must have resided in Kenya for a period of 10 years prior to the contest and must also reside in the country for a period of 5 years after the contest.
Code of Conduct
- Contestant affirms that she is and will continue to be a person of good moral character; that she has not committed and will not commit any act inconsistent with the highest standards of public morals and conventions or that will reflect unfavorably on the pageant, its representatives, sponsors and/or organizers.
- That she is not holding any other active title in regards to fashion or any other pageantry.
- Contestant will conduct herself in a courteous, professional manner at all times during the MPSK Pageant.
- That she will keep time at all meetings and attend ALL training session planned prior to the pageantry.
- Contestant will not slander or libel other contestants, judges, Inspiration Pageant, staff, or anyone else involved with or connected to the pageant. Defamatory verbal and/or written remarks against MPSK Pageant will result in immediate disqualification, forfeiture of any and all prizes and awards won, and legal charges.
- Any contestant found publicly posting slanderous remarks on public forums, social networking sites or any other public domain will be immediately disqualified and legal action will be taken.
- Disruptive behavior before, during, or after the pageant may result in disqualification, removal from the premises, and legal charges.
Winners of MPSK 2017 Expectations
- Winners are expected to give their time and energy to their title.
- If you wish to compete in other pageants during your reign, the Organizer must be informed before you send your entry.
- If selected as the #MPSK Queen, the winner agrees that a contract will be signed pertaining to the code of conduct, work, including modeling, television and film, that the winners undertake during their reign.
- That Plus Fabulosity, the organizers of Miss Plus Size Kenya, is not responsible for negligence or fraud on the part of pageant sponsors, judges, or contract vendors (e.g., photographer, videographer, etc.) who may be providing products or services to delegates and winners at the pageant.
- That Plus Fabulosity, the organizers of Miss Plus Size Kenya, is not responsible for loss, theft, or damage caused to any and all prizes, gifts, and awards bestowed upon contestant after these items become the property of contestant.
- Contestant agrees to incur replacement and/or repair costs to lost, stolen, or damaged items including but not limited to: crown/tiara, sash, plaques, trophies, etc.
- That the date/venue of the pageant is subject to change and in such a case, the contestant will be informed in good time.
- All contestants are required to run various charity events with the help of the Plus Fabulosity Team.
Publicity and Promotion
- By virtue of participation in the Miss Plus Size Kenya Pageant, contestant agrees to allow Miss Plus Size Kenya Pageant, the right to use her name, likeness, voice and/or biographical information for purposes of publicity and promotion now and in the future.
- By submitting the entry form to Miss Plus Size Kenya Pageants, contestant agrees to abide by all policies, rules and regulations set forth.
The criteria for selecting the TOP 10 CONTESTANTS:
- Online Presence (20%) – Plus Fabulosity will make a post on all its social media platforms on every contestant. The contestant is then required to share the posts as wide as they can to garner as many likes, reposts and shares from their family, friends and colleagues. Also, they should use the hash tag #MissPlusSizeKenya2015 on all posts.
- Research Essay (20%) – The Contestant will be required to write a short essay on a research area of particular interest to them. The essay should be in one way or another connected to either the pageantry theme or plus size fashion and lifestyle.
- Runway (40%) – It is paramount that each contestant MUST be good in walking in heels.
- Personality (10%)
- Judge’s Discretion (10%)